‘Pak Christian blasphemy girl did not leave her home on day of incident’
Islamabad: Pakistan Interior Minister Rehman Malik has said Rimsha Masih, the minor Christian girl accused of blasphemy, had not left her home on the day of the incident.
While presenting the progress report in the Masih case to the Senate, Malik also said that the district magistrate, Islamabad, is carrying out the inquiry into the case.
He further said the Ulema of Islamabad Council are also a part of the inquiry as observers, the Daily Times reports.
Malik verified the arrest of local cleric Khalid Jadoon on charges of tampering with the evidence to make the case “stronger” against Rimsha.
He also said that as per the medical board, ‘Rimsha’s age is 14 years, but her mental age is around seven to eight years’.
“The police had taken Rimsha into protective custody and had transferred her to a safer place after she was accused on August 16,” Malik added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority