Pak Christian boy`s body found with torture marks
Lahore: As the furore over the arrest of a minor Christian girl over blasphemy charge is yet to die down, the body of an 11-year-old boy from the minority community, bearing torture marks, was found in Faisalabad city of Pakistan`s Punjab province today, police said.
Samuel Yaqoob, a resident of the Christian Colony of Faisalabad, 100 km from Lahore, was brutally tortured before being killed.
He had been missing since the evening of August 20, when he had stepped out of his home to go to the market.
Yaqoob`s burnt body was found near a drain of the Christian Colony today. His lips, nose and belly were cut off and he could hardly be recognised as his body was badly burnt, relatives said.
The boy`s family recognised him from a mark on his forehead. Police sent the body for an autopsy.
Yaqoob`s family and other residents of the Christian Colony staged a protest and demanded the arrest of his killers.
Asia Bibi, the boy`s mother, told police that her family had no enmity with anyone in the area.
"We neither received any phone call for ransom nor were we told that Samuel had committed blasphemy," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets