Pak Christian boy`s body found with torture marks
Lahore: As the furore over the arrest of a minor Christian girl over blasphemy charge is yet to die down, the body of an 11-year-old boy from the minority community, bearing torture marks, was found in Faisalabad city of Pakistan`s Punjab province today, police said.
Samuel Yaqoob, a resident of the Christian Colony of Faisalabad, 100 km from Lahore, was brutally tortured before being killed.
He had been missing since the evening of August 20, when he had stepped out of his home to go to the market.
Yaqoob`s burnt body was found near a drain of the Christian Colony today. His lips, nose and belly were cut off and he could hardly be recognised as his body was badly burnt, relatives said.
The boy`s family recognised him from a mark on his forehead. Police sent the body for an autopsy.
Yaqoob`s family and other residents of the Christian Colony staged a protest and demanded the arrest of his killers.
Asia Bibi, the boy`s mother, told police that her family had no enmity with anyone in the area.
"We neither received any phone call for ransom nor were we told that Samuel had committed blasphemy," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Importance of viewers' comments and remarks on reported news
- DNA: Has PM Modi's mention of Balochistan during I-Day speech unsettled China?
- DNA: Why commuting by bus in India is an unpleasant experience
- DNA: Elderly couple forced to live separately after 62 years; images go viral
- DNA: Unhappy with stint in Rio, Kim Jong-un announces penalty for North Korean olympians
- John Kerry's cavalcade got stuck in traffic jam caused by heavy rains in New Delhi
- NASA astronaut Jeff Williams' camera zooms in on alluring views of these two places! - See pics
- Nico Rosberg surprised to see teammate Lewis Hamilton finishing 3rd in Belgian GP
- See pic: Cassini captures delicate glow on Saturn's ring!
- Mamata urges people to oppose strike, government warns absentees of action