Pak Christians protest in NY against Gojra killings
New York: Several Pakistani Christians took to the streets here and staged a demonstration in front of the United Nations to protest against the Gojra riots in which nine Christians were killed and several others injured.
People held placards that read: “Stop killing innocent Christians,”
“Don``t kill or destroy in Allah``s name”, “Cruelty against humanity is blasphemy”, and “Stop burning Christian Churches” shouted slogans against the Pakistan government.
The agitators, led by Christian leader James Cyprian, urged Islamabad to provide equal right to all its citizens. They also called for the repeal of the blasphemy law, The Nation reports.
Cyprian also submitted a memorandum to UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon asking him to secure the life of Christians in Pakistan.
It may be recalled that nine Christians including three women, were burnt alive and over dozen wounded in communal violence in Gojra following the purported ‘desecration’ of the Quran by people of Christian community.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III