Pak Christians protest in NY against Gojra killings
New York: Several Pakistani Christians took to the streets here and staged a demonstration in front of the United Nations to protest against the Gojra riots in which nine Christians were killed and several others injured.
People held placards that read: “Stop killing innocent Christians,”
“Don``t kill or destroy in Allah``s name”, “Cruelty against humanity is blasphemy”, and “Stop burning Christian Churches” shouted slogans against the Pakistan government.
The agitators, led by Christian leader James Cyprian, urged Islamabad to provide equal right to all its citizens. They also called for the repeal of the blasphemy law, The Nation reports.
Cyprian also submitted a memorandum to UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon asking him to secure the life of Christians in Pakistan.
It may be recalled that nine Christians including three women, were burnt alive and over dozen wounded in communal violence in Gojra following the purported ‘desecration’ of the Quran by people of Christian community.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured