Pak Christians protest in NY against Gojra killings
New York: Several Pakistani Christians took to the streets here and staged a demonstration in front of the United Nations to protest against the Gojra riots in which nine Christians were killed and several others injured.
People held placards that read: “Stop killing innocent Christians,”
“Don``t kill or destroy in Allah``s name”, “Cruelty against humanity is blasphemy”, and “Stop burning Christian Churches” shouted slogans against the Pakistan government.
The agitators, led by Christian leader James Cyprian, urged Islamabad to provide equal right to all its citizens. They also called for the repeal of the blasphemy law, The Nation reports.
Cyprian also submitted a memorandum to UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon asking him to secure the life of Christians in Pakistan.
It may be recalled that nine Christians including three women, were burnt alive and over dozen wounded in communal violence in Gojra following the purported ‘desecration’ of the Quran by people of Christian community.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore