Pak CJ`s son seeks FIR against accusing businessman
Islamabad: Pakistan Supreme Court Chief Justice Iftikhar Choudhry`s son, who is facing accusations of receiving huge bribes from a real estate tycoon, filed an application in court on Monday seeking registration of an FIR against the businessman for making objectionable allegations.
The application filed by Arsalan Iftikhar`s counsel in the Supreme Court called for the registration of an FIR against Malik Riaz Hussain, the owner of Bahria Town real estate firm, for alleging that he possessed photos and video footage of Iftikhar`s visits to London that were allegedly paid for by the tycoon`s relatives.
Iftikhar filed the application after TV anchors said on a talk show last night that Hussain had photos and videos of the Chief Justice`s son`s visits to London during 2009-11.
Iftikhar allegedly received Rs 400 million from Hussain to influence several cases in the apex court.
Iftikhar contended these allegations were "objectionable" and amounted to "character assassination".
He said Hussain should be directed to produce any evidence he possessed.
He asked the court to direct authorities to register an FIR and a criminal case against Hussain.
He further demanded that Hussain should be arrested when he appears in the apex court.
Iftikhar also asked the court to direct authorities to provide him security as he had concerns about his safety.
The Chief Justice initiated suo moto proceedings against Iftikhar but later recused himself from the case against his son last week following criticism from legal experts.
According to media reports based on documents in Hussain`s possession, expenses for several trips by Iftikhar to London and Monte Carlo, were paid by members of the tycoon`s family.
Most of the cases in the apex court involving Hussain and Bahria Town are related to alleged irregularities in real estate deals.
The powerful businessman has close ties with politicians and the military.
Hussain was being treated for a medical condition abroad and is expected to return to Pakistan today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read