Pak claims 2 killed in shelling by Indian Army
Islamabad: Pakistani authorities on Sunday claimed that two women were killed and seven other persons were injured in "unprovoked" shelling by the Indian Army across the LoC.
A woman was killed and six other persons were injured seriously as a result of unprovoked Indian army shelling at Nakyal sector on Line of Control this morning, Radio Pakistan reported.
It reported that another woman was killed while a minor girl was injured at Datot area.
Deputy Commissioner Kotli Masoodur Rehman told the state-run radio channel that the Indian troops resorted to "unprovoked shelling" on the civilian population on LoC late last night.
He accused Indian troops of having directly targeted civilian populations for the first time since their alleged violations of the Line of Control.
Tensions at the LoC have increased in the last few weeks especially after the killing of five Indian soldiers on August 6.
Both sides blame each other for LoC violations and say their action was retaliatory in nature.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Foreigners should not wear skirts and roam alone at night: Tourism minister
- Mom-to-be Kareena Kapoor Khan spills glamour at Lakme Fashion Week 2016! – View pics
- Most Asian markets slump, Tokyo soars on US rate talk
- Italy rescues around 1,100 migrants in Mediterranean
- Usain Bolt was poor, eating beef helped him win nine medals in Olympics: BJP MP Udit Raj