Pak claims 2 killed in shelling by Indian Army
Islamabad: Pakistani authorities on Sunday claimed that two women were killed and seven other persons were injured in "unprovoked" shelling by the Indian Army across the LoC.
A woman was killed and six other persons were injured seriously as a result of unprovoked Indian army shelling at Nakyal sector on Line of Control this morning, Radio Pakistan reported.
It reported that another woman was killed while a minor girl was injured at Datot area.
Deputy Commissioner Kotli Masoodur Rehman told the state-run radio channel that the Indian troops resorted to "unprovoked shelling" on the civilian population on LoC late last night.
He accused Indian troops of having directly targeted civilian populations for the first time since their alleged violations of the Line of Control.
Tensions at the LoC have increased in the last few weeks especially after the killing of five Indian soldiers on August 6.
Both sides blame each other for LoC violations and say their action was retaliatory in nature.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray