Pak claims 2 killed in shelling by Indian Army
Islamabad: Pakistani authorities on Sunday claimed that two women were killed and seven other persons were injured in "unprovoked" shelling by the Indian Army across the LoC.
A woman was killed and six other persons were injured seriously as a result of unprovoked Indian army shelling at Nakyal sector on Line of Control this morning, Radio Pakistan reported.
It reported that another woman was killed while a minor girl was injured at Datot area.
Deputy Commissioner Kotli Masoodur Rehman told the state-run radio channel that the Indian troops resorted to "unprovoked shelling" on the civilian population on LoC late last night.
He accused Indian troops of having directly targeted civilian populations for the first time since their alleged violations of the Line of Control.
Tensions at the LoC have increased in the last few weeks especially after the killing of five Indian soldiers on August 6.
Both sides blame each other for LoC violations and say their action was retaliatory in nature.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- APICET 2016 Results: (apicet.net.in) AP ICET Result 2016, AP Integrated Common Entrance Test Results declared
- PM Narendra Modi, Sonia Gandhi pay homage to Jawaharlal Nehru on 52nd death anniversary
- Gwyneth Paltrow, Chris Martin officially divorced
- Islamic State hit by 150 US-led air strikes near Syria`s Raqa: Monitor
- Veerappan movie review: Brilliant camerawork engages you