Pak combat jets kill 15 Taliban militants
Islamabad: Pakistani combat jets Thursday
pounded militant hideouts in the Orakzai tribal region of
northwest Pakistan killing at least 15 Taliban fighters,
Four hideouts were destroyed in the air strikes carried
out near the Afghan border by two combat jets.
The attack was launched after intelligence reports said
militants of the Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan were hiding in the
area, officials said.
The air strikes were carried out in Khadizai, Samar Bazar
and Bermela areas.
The casualties could not be independently confirmed as
journalists are barred from reporting from the region.
The Taliban has a strong presence in parts of Orakzai
Agency, which has witnessed clashes between security forces
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- DNA: Analysing the derogatory remarks made by Chinese Newspaper on Indians
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption