Pak combat jets kill 15 Taliban militants
Islamabad: Pakistani combat jets Thursday
pounded militant hideouts in the Orakzai tribal region of
northwest Pakistan killing at least 15 Taliban fighters,
Four hideouts were destroyed in the air strikes carried
out near the Afghan border by two combat jets.
The attack was launched after intelligence reports said
militants of the Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan were hiding in the
area, officials said.
The air strikes were carried out in Khadizai, Samar Bazar
and Bermela areas.
The casualties could not be independently confirmed as
journalists are barred from reporting from the region.
The Taliban has a strong presence in parts of Orakzai
Agency, which has witnessed clashes between security forces
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Anti-burkini law would be `unconstitutional`: French minister
- Researchers find way to boost gene-editing tool efficiency
- British PM to put stamp on Brexit before G20 summit
- Germany's top immigration officer anticipates 300,000 refugees in 2016
- Wow! Soon you may find a robot greeting you at HDFC Bank