Pak combat jets kill 15 Taliban militants
Islamabad: Pakistani combat jets Thursday
pounded militant hideouts in the Orakzai tribal region of
northwest Pakistan killing at least 15 Taliban fighters,
Four hideouts were destroyed in the air strikes carried
out near the Afghan border by two combat jets.
The attack was launched after intelligence reports said
militants of the Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan were hiding in the
area, officials said.
The air strikes were carried out in Khadizai, Samar Bazar
and Bermela areas.
The casualties could not be independently confirmed as
journalists are barred from reporting from the region.
The Taliban has a strong presence in parts of Orakzai
Agency, which has witnessed clashes between security forces
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Brexit a danger to US financial stability: Treasury
- Pak group uses ‘pellet-hit’ images of PM Modi, Amitabh Bachchan for Kashmir issue
- 19 killed in knife rampage at Japan care home; suspect surrenders
- Government auditor suspects companies rigged 1st e-auction of coal blocks in 2015
- FBI probes Democratic email hack, but is Russia to blame?