Pak condemns terror attacks in Jammu region
New Delhi: Pakistan on Thursday condemned the terror attacks in Jammu region and said it was imperative that senseless act of violence do not deter the two countries from pursuing a path to a better future for their peoples.
"Terrorism is a pernicious evil. Pakistan has been its foremost victim. We are committed to leaving no stone unturned to eliminate the spectre of terrorist violence from our society and our region," a statement from the Pakistan High Commission said here.
It said Pakistan strongly condemns terrorism in all its forms and manifestations.
"Our hearts go out in sympathy to the families of all those who fell victim to the acts of terrorist violence in Jammu today.
"It is imperative that senseless act of violence do not deter us from pursuing a path to a better future for our peoples," it added.
Heavily-armed militants dressed in army fatigues today stormed a police station and an army camp in Jammu region killing eight persons, including a Lieutenant Colonel, barely two days ahead of the meeting between Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and his Pakistan counterpart Nawaz Sharif in New York.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach