Pak considering military operation in North Waziristan: Malik
Karachi: Pakistan`s Interior Minister Rehman Malik on Friday said the government was seriously considering the option of launching a military assault in the tribal region of North Waziristan agency, a safe haven for al Qaeda and Taliban elements.
The tribal agency is the hub of terrorists, Malik told reporters upon his arrival at the Karachi Airport and the government and military leadership will decide whether there is a need for an operation in North Waziristan.
Malik also made it clear that the government was getting intelligence reports from North Waziristan on daily basis and they were reports about terrorist hideouts in the area.
According to Dawn News, a meeting has been summoned in the General Headquarter Rawalpindi in which Corps Commander Peshawar would give briefing over the security situation of North Waziristan.
On Malala Yousufzai, he said the terrorists had not just attacked the 14-year-old schoolgirl, but had attacked the entire nation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you