Pak considering military operation in North Waziristan: Malik
Karachi: Pakistan`s Interior Minister Rehman Malik on Friday said the government was seriously considering the option of launching a military assault in the tribal region of North Waziristan agency, a safe haven for al Qaeda and Taliban elements.
The tribal agency is the hub of terrorists, Malik told reporters upon his arrival at the Karachi Airport and the government and military leadership will decide whether there is a need for an operation in North Waziristan.
Malik also made it clear that the government was getting intelligence reports from North Waziristan on daily basis and they were reports about terrorist hideouts in the area.
According to Dawn News, a meeting has been summoned in the General Headquarter Rawalpindi in which Corps Commander Peshawar would give briefing over the security situation of North Waziristan.
On Malala Yousufzai, he said the terrorists had not just attacked the 14-year-old schoolgirl, but had attacked the entire nation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Four minors gang-rape teenage girl in Mumbai, circulate video on WhatsApp
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview