Pak cops held for alleged links with terror groups
Islamabad: Pakistani investigators probing the recent killing of four intelligence operatives and a civilian by the Lashkar-e-Jhangvi have arrested five police officials suspected of having links with terror groups.
The five men were killed during an unsuccessful attempt to catch a leader of the banned Lashkar-e-Jhangvi at Pir Chambal in Pind Dadan Khan near Islamabad.
Questions were raised about the performance of the local police in the operation following the killings.
The five policemen were arrested as they were suspected of having links with terrorist groups, the Dawn newspaper quoted its sources as saying.
Three of them were posted at Pind Dadan Khan police station, one was associated with the Security Branch while the fifth was posted at Lillah police station.
All the policemen were taken to Jhelum for interrogation.
Evidence collected so far pointed towards the possibility that the policemen were hiding something important from investigators, the report said.
A police official said the policemen were arrested after they refused to hand over their mobile phones to investigators.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!