Pak couple allegedly kill daughter with acid
Muzaffarabad: Pakistani officials say police have arrested a couple for allegedly killing their 15-year-old daughter by throwing acid on her because she supposedly had an affair with a boy.
Local government official Masood-ur-Rehman says the couple was arrested Tuesday in Pakistan-administered Kashmir.
Police officer Imtiaz Ali says the parents confessed to killing the girl a day earlier because they believed she had sullied the family`s honor.
He said today that an autopsy confirmed that the girl died of acid burns.
Honor killings are widespread in Pakistan, where scores of women are murdered every year for marriages or relationships not approved by their families.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nuke-armed Pakistan can 'target' Delhi in 5 minutes, claims AQ Khan
- Gorilla shot dead after child falls into enclosure at Cincinnati Zoo!
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature?
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part II
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part III
- I was told to slim down for 'Pearl Harbor': Kate Beckinsale
- Xiaomi launching Redmi 3A with 4,000mAh battery?
- Houston shooting: Two shot dead including suspect, six left wounded
- Amitabh Bachchan proud of hosting girl child segment at government's gala
- LGBT community won't be free till section 377 exists: Celina Jaitley