Pak couple allegedly kill daughter with acid
Muzaffarabad: Pakistani officials say police have arrested a couple for allegedly killing their 15-year-old daughter by throwing acid on her because she supposedly had an affair with a boy.
Local government official Masood-ur-Rehman says the couple was arrested Tuesday in Pakistan-administered Kashmir.
Police officer Imtiaz Ali says the parents confessed to killing the girl a day earlier because they believed she had sullied the family`s honor.
He said today that an autopsy confirmed that the girl died of acid burns.
Honor killings are widespread in Pakistan, where scores of women are murdered every year for marriages or relationships not approved by their families.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH