Pak couple allegedly kill daughter with acid
Muzaffarabad: Pakistani officials say police have arrested a couple for allegedly killing their 15-year-old daughter by throwing acid on her because she supposedly had an affair with a boy.
Local government official Masood-ur-Rehman says the couple was arrested Tuesday in Pakistan-administered Kashmir.
Police officer Imtiaz Ali says the parents confessed to killing the girl a day earlier because they believed she had sullied the family`s honor.
He said today that an autopsy confirmed that the girl died of acid burns.
Honor killings are widespread in Pakistan, where scores of women are murdered every year for marriages or relationships not approved by their families.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Attack on Kabul`s American University ends as attackers killed
- Colombia announces historic peace pact
- Aamir Khan's '3 Idiots' sequel on the cards? Here's what Rajkumar Hirani has to say!
- 'Nirbhaya' gang-rape: Convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail, admitted to hospital
- Iranian Navy in `unsafe` intercept of US destroyer: Defense official