Pak couple allegedly kill daughter with acid
Muzaffarabad: Pakistani officials say police have arrested a couple for allegedly killing their 15-year-old daughter by throwing acid on her because she supposedly had an affair with a boy.
Local government official Masood-ur-Rehman says the couple was arrested Tuesday in Pakistan-administered Kashmir.
Police officer Imtiaz Ali says the parents confessed to killing the girl a day earlier because they believed she had sullied the family`s honor.
He said today that an autopsy confirmed that the girl died of acid burns.
Honor killings are widespread in Pakistan, where scores of women are murdered every year for marriages or relationships not approved by their families.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- DNA: Dr Subhash Chandra show on importance of 'Social media networking'
- Erdogan says EU `biased and prejudiced` towards Turkey after coup bid
- Jailed Venezuelan opposition leader appeals sentence
- Cambodia blocking ASEAN consensus on South China Sea: Diplomat
- Turkey can hold suspects without charge for up to 30 days
- Piramal Enterprises to raise Rs 300 cr via non-convertible debentures