Pak couple allegedly kill daughter with acid
Muzaffarabad: Pakistani officials say police have arrested a couple for allegedly killing their 15-year-old daughter by throwing acid on her because she supposedly had an affair with a boy.
Local government official Masood-ur-Rehman says the couple was arrested Tuesday in Pakistan-administered Kashmir.
Police officer Imtiaz Ali says the parents confessed to killing the girl a day earlier because they believed she had sullied the family`s honor.
He said today that an autopsy confirmed that the girl died of acid burns.
Honor killings are widespread in Pakistan, where scores of women are murdered every year for marriages or relationships not approved by their families.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!