Pak court adjourns 26/11 trial till Sept 1
The anti-terror court also ordered a blackout on the media coverage of the proceedings.
Islamabad: A Pakistani anti-terrorism
court conducting the trial of five LeT operatives accused of
involvement in the Mumbai attacks on Saturday ordered a blackout on
the media coverage of the proceedings, though sources said the
in-camera hearing had been adjourned till September 1.
Judge Baqir Ali Rana of anti-terrorism court no 2, who
is conducting the trial in the high-security Adiala Jail in
the garrison city of Rawalpindi, issued the gag order for the
media this morning.
Though the order itself was not made public, sources
said it stated that the proceedings would be kept totally
secret and "not published" in any manner as the case had
implications for national security and national interests.
The order said the media blackout was also necessary for
the security of witnesses and the judge. Sources also said the
next hearing was set for September 1 though there was no
official word on this.
The five LeT operatives being tried by the anti-terrorism
court are the outfit`s operations commander Zakiur Rehman
Lakhvi, communications expert Zarar Shah, Abu al-Qama, Hamad
Amin Sadiq and Shahid Jamil Riaz.
A sixth suspect, Jamil Ahmed, who was arrested for
allegedly facilitating the Mumbai attacks, was also produced
in the anti-terrorism court today. The judge ordered the
Federal Investigation Agency to submit his complete records.
Ahmed`s petition to be granted bail was put off by the
court till September 1, sources said.