Pak court adjourns hearing of plea seeking FIR against Hamid
Islamabad: A Pakistani court has adjourned till July 12 the hearing of a petition seeking the registration of an FIR against television anchor Hamid Mir and others for their alleged links to the abduction and killing of former ISI official Khalid Khwaja.
Khwaja`s son Osama Khalid had filed the petition in the Rawalpindi bench of the Lahore High Court.
In it, he had sought the registration of an FIR against militant commander Usman, Hamid Mir and others for alleged links to the murder of his father.
Judge Manzoor Ahmad Malik summoned the law officer of Islamabad to appear before him at the next hearing.
Khalid had said in his petition that his father`s killing was the result of planning by Usman, Hamid Mir and others.
He also said that he had filed an application at the Shalimar police station in Islamabad for the registration of an FIR against the same persons but police had resorted to delaying tactics due to which important evidence was being lost.
Hamid Mir, an anchor of Geo News channel, has been under a cloud since a recording of a purported telephone conversation between him and militant commander Usman was leaked on the Internet.
Media reports said a report submitted to the government by three intelligence agencies had confirmed that the voice on the recording was that of Hamid Mir.
The television anchor has denied the charges levelled against him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Fiji: Floating island restaurant in middle of ocean
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened