Pak court adjourns Mush-related petition hearing
Lahore: A Pakistani court has adjourned till
April 20 the hearing of a petition seeking direction to
authorities to register a case of high treason against former
President Pervez Musharraf for violating the Constitution.
A three-judge bench of the Lahore High Court headed by
Chief Justice Sheikh Azmat Saeed was hearing the petition
yesterday filed by lawyer Ilamuddin Ghazi.
Earlier, Deputy Attorney General Aazar Latif appeared
before the bench and sought time to file the government`s
reply in the matter.
The bench expressed its annoyance at the government`s
failure to submit a reply and adjourned the case while
directing Latif to file a response before the next date of
Ghazi had levelled 15 allegations against the 68-year-old
former military ruler, including the claim that he dissolved
an elected parliament without "any cogent reason just to save
his own skin".
He alleged that Musharraf joined the US in the war on
terror without the nation`s consent and handed over innocent
citizens to American authorities.
He requested the court to direct the federal government
to file a case of high treason against the former President.
In a separate development, the same bench adjourned till
April 20 the hearing of another petition seeking directions to
the government to declare all military dictators as traitors
for subverting the Constitution.
Musharraf has been living in self-exile in Dubai and
London since he left Pakistan in early 2009.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends
- Indian Army makes major changes in recruitment process – Click here to get updated information