Pak court allows Christian lady to live with Muslim hubby
Lahore: A Pakistani court has allowed a Christian woman, who converted to Islam, to live with her husband and ordered authorities to provide special security to the couple.
District and Sessions Judge Sardar Naeem Ahmed Khan of Multan city in Punjab province also directed police to conduct an inquiry in light of the Mehwish Bibi`s statement that she had converted to Islam to marry Hammad Ahmed.
Mehwish said she had married Ahmed of her own will in October. She said her parents were not happy with her for marrying a Muslim man. Besides, Ahmed`s family too was angered by his decision, she said.
She requested the court to provide her and her husband with security.
Earlier, Mehwish`s father Yousuf Masih filed an application in the Supreme Court that said his daughter was abducted by Ahmed. He requested the court to issue an order for her recovery.
The apex court referred the case to the district and sessions court in Multan.
Yesterday, the police acted on the court`s order and produced Mehwish before the district and sessions judge amidst tight security.
The judge, after hearing statements from both sides, gave Mehwish an hour to record her statement without any pressure.
After listening to Mehwish, the court allowed the woman to go with her husband.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation – Part II
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof