Pak court bars PM`s daughter from sending son abroad
Lahore: Acting on a petition filed by her estranged husband, a Pakistani court has barred the daughter of Premier Yousuf Raza Gilani from sending her nine-year-old son out of the country.
Khurram Khan, the estranged husband of Gilani`s daughter Fizza Batool, filed a petition in a guardian court in Lahore in which he sought custody of his son Asfandyar.
He said in the petition that he feared Fizza, who belongs to an influential family, could send the minor boy to a place where he would be out of the jurisdiction of Pakistani courts.
Responding to the petition, the guardian court yesterday restrained Fizza from taking the boy out of Pakistan. The court`s order will be valid till June 24.
Khan also demanded custody of his son. He said that his wife had been living with her parents for the past four years and that he was not allowed to meet his son during this period.
Surriya Farzana, the counsel for Khan, has filed another civil suit against Fizza in a family court to demand the "performance of conjugal rights”.
The family court has summoned Fizza to appear before it on June 26.
In his suit, Khan said his wife had been living with her parents for the past four years without any valid reason. He said he had withdrawn another conjugal rights suit which he filed earlier after both sides reached a settlement.
Khan contended that the Gilani family had not fulfilled any condition of the compromise.
He asked the family court to order Fizza to start living with him and to fulfil her conjugal rights.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE Results 2015: 12th board exam results to be declared on May 25