Pak court directs police to act against 2 gay men
Lahore: A Pakistani court has directed police to act in accordance with law on an application seeking action against two gay men for entering into a marriage against Islamic laws.
Sessions and District Judge, Javed Sindhu issued the order while disposing of a petition filed by Muhammad Nauman Talib of Sabzazaar in Lahore.
Talib had sought the registration of an FIR against his brother Salman Talib and his partner Muhammad Zaheer.
Talib said in his petition that his brother returned home from Britain some days ago with his friend Zaheer.
He said the family started preparations for Salman`s wedding but he was unwilling to get married.
"Finally Salman disclosed that he had already contracted marriage with his friend Zaheer under British laws," Talib said.
The family was outraged and decided to seek punishment for Salman and his partner under Islamic laws.
Talib said Salman, to avoid the wrath of the family, went into hiding along with Zaheer.
He said an application was filed at Sabzazar police station to register a case against the duo for committing an act against Islamic laws but the police took no action.
Talib asked the court to direct police to register an FIR against Salman and Zaheer.
Following an order from the judge, the chief of Sabzazar police station appeared in court.
The court directed the police officer to take action on Talib`s application in accordance with the law.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog