Pak court directs police to register FIR against Mush
Islamabad: A Pakistani court Wednesday directed police to register a case against former President Pervez Musharraf and several of his key aides in connection with the killing of Baloch nationalist leader Nawab Akbar Bugti in a military operation in 2006.
A division bench of the Balochistan High Court had summoned Musharraf to appear before it for today`s hearing of a petition seeking his trial for Bugti`s murder but neither he nor his counsel was present at the proceedings.
The court directed police in Dera Bugti district to register a First Information Report and to conduct an investigation. The lawyer of Bugti`s son Jamil Akbar Bugti, who had filed the petition, said the FIR would be filed once the court`s formal order is received.
"This is just the beginning and the first step. We don`t have much confidence in the government and I think the investigation will not be thorough," Jamil Bugti said.
Musharraf, who resigned as President in August last year, is currently in the US for a lecture tour. He has been living outside Pakistan since mid-April. Besides Musharraf, Jamil Bugti had asked the High Court to direct police to register a case against former
premier Shaukat Aziz, former Interior Minister Aftab Ahmed Khan Sherpao, former Balochistan Governor Owais Ahmed Ghani and several other persons in connection with the killing of his father.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'