Pak court dismisses petition against Sherry Rehman
Lahore: A Pakistani court on Wednesday dismissed a
petition challenging senior PPP leader Sherry Rehman`s
appointment as the country`s envoy to the US.
The petition had challenged her appointment on the grounds
that she was a Member of the Parliament.
When the Lahore High Court took up the petition today, the
bench observed that Rehman had resigned from her seat in the
National Assembly or lower house of Parliament after her
appointment as Ambassador.
After hearing the court`s observation, the petitioner, a
lawyer named Muhammad Azhar Siddique, opted not to press the
The court then dismissed the application.
Rehman was appointed as Pakistan`s envoy to the US after
Husain Haqqani was forced to resign from the post after he was
linked to a secret memo sent to the US military.
The memo had purportedly sought American help to prevent a
military coup in the wake of the killing of Osama bin Laden in
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31