Pak court disposes of petition filed by terror suspects
Lahore: A Pakistani court Wednesday disposed of a petition filed by three men seeking protection from possible arrest by security agencies after they were described by the Indian media as terrorists and members of the banned Lashkar-e-Taiba.
Lahore High Court Chief Justice Umar Ata Bandial disposed of the petition after the Interior Ministry informed the court that it did not have any material that suggested the petitioners were involved in terrorist activities.
Bandial observed that the petitioners should be treated according to the law.
Traders Mehtab Butt and Atif Butt and security guard Babar Shabbir who work at Hafeez Centre, a bustling market in Lahore for mobile phones and electronic goods have said in their petition that they should be protected from possible arrest as the Indian media had declared them members of a banned group who allegedly entered India for terrorist attacks.
They expressed the apprehensions that security agencies might arrest them on the basis of false accusations.
They also asked the court to direct authorities to find out who had given false information about them to the Indian media.
Earlier this year, Indian news channels had beamed photos of the three men and described them as suspected terrorists.
Mumbai Police had claimed the men had entered India to carry out attacks. However, the men said they had never travelled to India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'