Pak court extends judicial remand of mosque attack suspects
Lahore: A court on Monday refused to grant
further physical remand for two men accused of attacking
Ahmedi mosques in this eastern Pakistani city, which claimed
95 lives, and sent them on judicial remand for two weeks.
The anti-terrorism court also adjourned the hearing of
the case against the two men till July 12.
The accused Moaz alias Amir Muavia and Abdullah
were nabbed by members of the minority Ahmedi sect during an
attack on a mosque in Lahore on May 28.
Two other terrorists who attacked another Ahmedi
mosque died during the assault.
Ninety-five people were killed in the attacks.
As Moaz`s accomplices had made a dramatic bid to free
him when he was being treated at Jinnah Hospital here, both
the accused were brought to court today amidst stringent
The hearing lasted 35 minutes. Police presented
evidence against the men to the court and sought further
However, this was summarily declined by the court.
Investigations have revealed that the accused belong
to southern part of Punjab province and had received training
in South Waziristan tribal region from the banned
Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan, police officials said.
The accused told investigators that they had done
nothing wrong as killing Ahmedis "is a good deed" because they
are considered worse than infidels, the officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- CBSE Class X Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset
- Littering, defacement to be made punishable offence
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door