Pak court extends Musharraf`s remand by 14 days
Islamabad: A special Pakistani anti-terrorism court here on Saturday extended the judicial remand of former military ruler Pervez Musharraf by 14 days, in connection with his decision to place judges under house arrest during the 2007 emergency.
"Pervez Musharraf`s remand is extended for judicial lock-up for 14 days, he should be presented before the court on May 18," Judge Kausar Abbas Zaidi ordered.
Musharraf`s lawyers filed a bail application in the court and the judge fixed a hearing for May 6.
Meanwhile the trial of 69-year-old Musharraf will be held at his farm house in Islamabad which has been declared a sub-jail.
A notification in this regard has been issued by the Chief Commissioner Islamabad citing threats to Musharraf`s life.
He was not produced in the court over security concerns.
Musharraf`s All Pakistan Muslim League party yesterday said it will boycott the May 11 parliamentary polls after Peshawar High Court banned him from contesting elections for the rest of his life.
Musharraf returned to Pakistan in March after ending four years of self-imposed exile and defying death threats to contest the general elections.
The retired general is battling a slew of court cases since his arrival.
Last month, Musharraf was also disqualified from contesting in the upcoming elections, effectively ending his political ambitions.
He is also barred by the courts from leaving the country.
Musharraf is also battling several other cases, including conspiracy to murder former prime minister Benazir Bhutto in 2007 and ordering a military operation to kill Baloch rebel leader Akbar Bugti in 2006.
The former army chief became president following a bloodless military coup in 1999 and ruled the country until August 2008.
He resigned following a threat of impeachment by a newly-elected parliament and opted for an exile to escape legal charges.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Zee Media Exclusive chat with 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' cast Kangana, Madhavan
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Kangana Ranaut steals the show!
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- RBSE 12th Science & Commerce Board Result 2015 declared
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- CBSE Board 10th Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic class 10th X board exam results 2015 date announced