Pak court frees 3 in New York bombing plot
Islamabad: A Pakistani court on Saturday acquitted all three Pakistani nationals accused in a botched bombing attack in New York, Online news agency reported.
The accused Akhtar, Muhammad Shoaib Mughal and Muhammad Shahid Hussain were arrested May 8, 2010, for their alleged links with Faisal Shahzad who was detained in the US for an attempted terrorist attack in New York`s Times Square.
US authorities had arrested Pakistani youth Shahzad May 1, 2010, for attempted Times Square car bombing and described him as a would-be terrorist who sought explosives training in Pakistan`s Waziristan region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday