Pak court gives two weeks time to produce Musharraf
Islamabad: A Pakistani court on Saturday issued
a non-bailable arrest warrant for former President Pervez
Musharraf for the third time in connection with a case related
to former premier Benazir Bhutto`s assassination and asked
prosecutors to produce him in court within two weeks.
Judge Rana Nisar Ahmad, who is conducting the trial of
five suspects charged with involvement in Bhutto`s
assassination, had first issued the arrest warrant on February
He reissued it for the third time after prosecutors
sought more time to ensure Musharraf`s presence in court.
The prosecution asked the court to give them a month`s
time to serve the warrant but the judge gave them a fortnight.
The court issued the arrest warrant after
investigators told the judge that Musharraf was not
cooperating in efforts to question him regarding the
Prosecution lawyers also told the judge that they had
approached the Foreign Ministry to help in serving the warrant
to Musharraf in Britain, where he is currently living in
After giving the prosecution more time to serve the
warrant, the judge adjourned the case till March 19.
Musharraf, who was President when Bhutto was killed in
December 2007, does not plan to return to Pakistan for the
court proceedings, his aides have said.
The former President was recently named as an
"absconder" by the Federal Investigation Agency for not
cooperating in the probe into Bhutto’s killing.
Bhutto was killed after addressing an election rally
in Rawalpindi on December 27, 2007.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Mumbai Police recovers car used in Sheena's murder; Indrani, Sanjeev, driver to be taken to crime spot in Raigad