Pak court issues arrest warrant for Fazlullah
Peshawar: A Pakistani court on Friday issued an
arrest warrant for Maulana Fazlullah, the chief of the Taliban
in the Sway valley, and directed police to produce him before
it by June 7 in connection with a host of cases including
those related to attacks on security personnel.
The arrest warrant was issued by an anti-terrorism court
in Swat headed by Judge Iqbal Khan, which was looking into 25
cases against Fazlullah sent to it by the government of
The court asked police to produce the militant commander
before it by June 7.
The cases against Fazlullah included those related to
attacks on security forces and police, killing of innocent
people and inflicting damage to state property in the Malakand
Fazlullah, also known as Mullah Radio for his fiery
sermons broadcast on illegal FM channels, escaped to
Afghanistan after the Pakistan Army launched an operation to
flush the Taliban out of Swat last year.
Police in Afghanistan`s Nuristan province recently
claimed Fazlullah was killed in clashes with security forces
but this was later denied by the Taliban.
In a separate development, Khyber-Pakhtoonkhwa province
shifted 33 militants from the central prison in Peshawar to
Swat, officials said.
They were apprehended by security forces during search
operations and raids in the Malakand division.
Maulana Sufi Muhammad, the chief of the banned
Tehrik-e-Nifaz-e-Shariah Muhammadi, will remain in the central
prison in Peshawar.
He is being kept in a separate room and authorities have
increased his rations, the officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read