Pak court rejects report on drone strikes
Lahore: A Pakistani court on Thursday rejected a
report submitted by the Foreign Ministry in response to a
petition filed by Jamaat-ud-Dawah chief and LeT founder Hafiz Muhammad Saeed seeking the implementation of a parliamentary
resolution against US drone strikes against militants.
Justice Azmat Saeed Sheikh of the Lahore High Court
rejected the report on US drone attacks on Pakistani soil and
directed the Foreign Ministry to file a "satisfactory reply".
He directed the ministry to inform the court about the
implementation of the resolution unanimously passed by
parliament against drone attacks.
Incidentally, the court`s order came on a day when US
carried out two drone strikes in the lawless Waziristan tribal
region killing seven militants including a senior Haqqani
The judge observed that the report gave no complete answer
as the Foreign Ministry had responded to all questions raised
in Saeed`s petition by saying "no comments".
The judge directed a Deputy Attorney General to ensure the
submission of a "logical and comprehensive reply" by the next
hearing on October 27.
Saeed had asked the court to direct the federal government
to make public all information in matters of public
importance, especially any "secret deals" with the US.
He further asked the court to declare that pre-emptive
strikes by foreign countries are not permitted.
He said the resolution passed by a joint session of
parliament in the wake of the US raid against Osama bin Laden
was the "voice of the people" and needs to be implemented.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP wins 82 seats in nail-biting finish, Shiv Sena 84; Uddhav, Fadnavis non-committal on alliance
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena leads in Mumbai but BJP the big winner
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017: Shiv Sena wins, BJP runners-up