Pak court reserves ruling on AQ Khan`s `free movement`?
Lahore: A Pakistani court on Monday reserved
till March 24 its verdict on a petition by the federal
government seeking restrictions on the free movement of
disgraced nuclear scientist AQ Khan.
Earlier, the bench of the Lahore High Court directed
lawyers representing Khan and the federal government to try to
resolve the matter outside court.
The counsel for the two sides concluded their
arguments during in-camera proceedings.
Lawyer Syed Ali Zafar represented Khan while Ahmar
Bilal Sufi represented the federal government.
The government has informed the court that several
foreign journalists had mentioned in their articles that they
were in direct or indirect communication with Khan.
These reporters also attributed sensitive information
to Khan, the government said.
The government has demanded that Khan either deny or
admit the claims made by the foreign journalists.
74-year-old Khan`s counsel challenged the government`s
allegations, saying he was being restricted even from meeting
relatives and getting access to medical facility in the name
of security arrangements.
The scientist has also said the ban on his free
movement was against his fundamental rights.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan