Pak court summons 10 witnesses in Bhutto murder case
Islamabad: A Pakistani anti-terrorism court on Saturday summoned 10 witnesses in former premier Benazir Bhutto`s assassination case to appear on January 25.
Judge Pervaiz Rasool Joya, who conducted a hearing within Adiala Jail in Rawalpindi for security reasons, asked the prosecution to present the witnesses at the next hearing.
Bhutto, the first woman prime minister of any Muslim country, was killed by a suicide bomber in 2007 as she was leaving an election rally.
Eight accused, including former military ruler Pervez Musharraf, have been charged in the assassination case.
Other accused include former Rawalpindi police chief Saud Aziz, then superintendent of police Khurram Shahzad and Taliban cadres Aitizaz Shah, Hasnain Gul, Muhammad Rafaqat, Sher Zaman and Abdul Rasheed.
Musharraf was granted bail in the case while all others are in jail.
Shah, Gul and Rafaqat have filed bail applications that will be taken up at the next hearing.
Musharraf, who was president in 2007, was formally charged last year though his government had blamed the Taliban for the killing.
The case was registered soon after the assassination but the trial has been proceeding at a snail`s pace.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- CBSE Class X Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Kerala Plus Two Results 2015 on keralaresults.nic.in
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset
- Littering, defacement to be made punishable offence