‘Pak courts to examine evidence against Saeed’
Islamabad: Pakistan Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani said on Friday that any concrete evidence against LeT
founder Hafiz Mohammad Saeed should be provided to this
country to be examined by the country`s courts.
If anyone had any concrete evidence against Saeed, it
should be provided to Pakistan as the country`s courts are
free and independent, Gilani said during an interaction with
reporters at Hyderabad city in Sindh province.
Gilani reiterated his contention that the case of Saeed
was "Pakistan`s internal matter".
Asked about the USD 10 million bounty announced for Saeed
by the US, he said a policy statement on the issue had been
issued by the Foreign Office and he had expressed his views in
Pakistan has bilateral relations with both India and the
US and the issue of Saeed can be discussed at the bilateral
level, he said without giving details.
Responding to a question about the reopening of NATO
supply routes to Afghanistan and new terms of engagement with
the US and NATO, Gilani said the parliament would decide these
matters, which are currently being discussed in a joint
session of the National Assembly and Senate.
The supply routes were closed after a cross-border NATO
air strike in November killed 24 Pakistani soldiers.
Gilani subsequently ordered a parliamentary review of
Gilani further said the federal government was concerned
about the law and order situation in Karachi, which has been
rocked by ethnic and political violence over the past few
The federal government is ready to cooperate with the
provincial government and provide all out assistance to tackle
the situation, he said.
He said the government will provide maximum relief to the
common man in the budget for fiscal 2012-13.
"The Finance Ministry has been directed to provide maximum
relief to the common man in the forthcoming budget," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!