Pak Defence Secy says US, UK were against country`s nuclear programme
Islamabad: Pakistan Defence Secretary, Lt Gen (retd) Asif Yaseen Malik has claimed the United States and Britain were both opposed to country’s nuclear programme, and added that after the orders of (then) British Prime Minister, the British intelligence MI-6 had detained the very first Pakistani nuclear engineer.
Malik further revealed that the US used its intelligence against Pakistan, and the CIA even handed over a list of representatives working in Pakistan, the News reports. Malik said the US and Pakistan have developed a better relation, based on mutual interests, since then, and added that the American attitude towards them has changed now, the paper reported.
Malik also clarified that there was no political cell in the ISI, and added that 95 percent of the Pakistan’s defence policies are made by country’s armed forces.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- LTCG tax concession for under construction property
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic