Pak Defence Secy says US, UK were against country`s nuclear programme
Islamabad: Pakistan Defence Secretary, Lt Gen (retd) Asif Yaseen Malik has claimed the United States and Britain were both opposed to country’s nuclear programme, and added that after the orders of (then) British Prime Minister, the British intelligence MI-6 had detained the very first Pakistani nuclear engineer.
Malik further revealed that the US used its intelligence against Pakistan, and the CIA even handed over a list of representatives working in Pakistan, the News reports. Malik said the US and Pakistan have developed a better relation, based on mutual interests, since then, and added that the American attitude towards them has changed now, the paper reported.
Malik also clarified that there was no political cell in the ISI, and added that 95 percent of the Pakistan’s defence policies are made by country’s armed forces.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days