Pak Defence Secy says US, UK were against country`s nuclear programme
Islamabad: Pakistan Defence Secretary, Lt Gen (retd) Asif Yaseen Malik has claimed the United States and Britain were both opposed to country’s nuclear programme, and added that after the orders of (then) British Prime Minister, the British intelligence MI-6 had detained the very first Pakistani nuclear engineer.
Malik further revealed that the US used its intelligence against Pakistan, and the CIA even handed over a list of representatives working in Pakistan, the News reports. Malik said the US and Pakistan have developed a better relation, based on mutual interests, since then, and added that the American attitude towards them has changed now, the paper reported.
Malik also clarified that there was no political cell in the ISI, and added that 95 percent of the Pakistan’s defence policies are made by country’s armed forces.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars