Pak Deputy Attorney General calls on Badal
Chandigarh: Pakistan`s Deputy Attorney General Muhammad Khurshid Khan on Friday called on Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal and emphasised the need to strengthen age-old ties between India and Pakistan.
Disclosing this here, an official spokesman said that Khan said both the countries shared linguistic, cultural and social ties but unfortunately the political barriers had drawn lines between the people due to religious fanaticism and
Both of them mutually agreed upon to promote peace, communal harmony and friendship between the two countries to script a new chapter of mutual trust and goodwill in the sub-continent, he said.
The Chief Minister said, "no religion in the world preaches the cult of violence and hatred and therefore it was the need of the hour to come forward for the promotion of love, peace, brotherhood and co-operation in the region".
Badal also enquired about the condition of historic Gurdwaras in Pakistan from Khan.
The Deputy Attorney General apprised Badal that the condition of Gurdwaras was perfect as all out efforts were made by the Pakistan Government for their upkeep and maintenance.
Khan also lauded the role being played by the Sikhs in the economy of Pakistan in general and that of North Western Frontier Province in particular.
He also invited Badal to Pakistan for visiting the holy Sikh shrines in the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Heatwave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1400
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- First look: Aamir Khan joins Shah Rukh to promote Salman's ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly