Pak Deputy Attorney General calls on Badal
Chandigarh: Pakistan`s Deputy Attorney General Muhammad Khurshid Khan on Friday called on Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal and emphasised the need to strengthen age-old ties between India and Pakistan.
Disclosing this here, an official spokesman said that Khan said both the countries shared linguistic, cultural and social ties but unfortunately the political barriers had drawn lines between the people due to religious fanaticism and
Both of them mutually agreed upon to promote peace, communal harmony and friendship between the two countries to script a new chapter of mutual trust and goodwill in the sub-continent, he said.
The Chief Minister said, "no religion in the world preaches the cult of violence and hatred and therefore it was the need of the hour to come forward for the promotion of love, peace, brotherhood and co-operation in the region".
Badal also enquired about the condition of historic Gurdwaras in Pakistan from Khan.
The Deputy Attorney General apprised Badal that the condition of Gurdwaras was perfect as all out efforts were made by the Pakistan Government for their upkeep and maintenance.
Khan also lauded the role being played by the Sikhs in the economy of Pakistan in general and that of North Western Frontier Province in particular.
He also invited Badal to Pakistan for visiting the holy Sikh shrines in the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Top 5 shopping destinations in Delhi!
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins