Pak determined to eliminate extremist groups: US
Pittsburgh: The Obama Administration has said Pakistan is determined to eliminate extremist groups from within its territories, even as New Delhi remains concerned
about lopsided approach of Islamabad in taking action against those responsible for terrorist attacks in India.
"I will say that the Government of Pakistan has expressed its determination to eliminate dangerous elements and extremist groups within its borders," the State Department
spokesman, Ian Kelly, told reporters yesterday at his daily press briefing.
"We applaud this determination that they`ve expressed to deal with these militants who threaten not only our security, as we`ve seen in terrorist incidents and plots in the past,
but also threaten the Pakistani democracy," he said.
Reiterating that the US will work together with Pakistan to defeat extremism, Kelly said: "We`ve offered them some very concrete assistance, and we look forward to continuing that assistance."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- Factbox: Five questions for Britain and Europe after Brexit vote
- China remains unmoved, says NSG will not discuss India's bid
- University of Mumbai to declare TYBCom Results 2016 today; check mu.ac.in
- Anil Kumble's appointment: This is what 'disappointed' Ravi Shastri, Sandeep Patil said...
- Telangana to join Centre's Uday scheme today