Pak determined to eliminate extremist groups: US
Pittsburgh: The Obama Administration has said Pakistan is determined to eliminate extremist groups from within its territories, even as New Delhi remains concerned
about lopsided approach of Islamabad in taking action against those responsible for terrorist attacks in India.
"I will say that the Government of Pakistan has expressed its determination to eliminate dangerous elements and extremist groups within its borders," the State Department
spokesman, Ian Kelly, told reporters yesterday at his daily press briefing.
"We applaud this determination that they`ve expressed to deal with these militants who threaten not only our security, as we`ve seen in terrorist incidents and plots in the past,
but also threaten the Pakistani democracy," he said.
Reiterating that the US will work together with Pakistan to defeat extremism, Kelly said: "We`ve offered them some very concrete assistance, and we look forward to continuing that assistance."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IPL 9 VIDEO: Guess who led Kolkata Knight Riders' playoffs celebrations!
- Salman Khan flexes his muscles in new 'Sultan' still! See pic
- Answering machine, chats on QR code coming soon on WhatsApp!
- Jiah Khan case: HC stays trial against Sooraj Pancholi; Rabia's plea to be heard on June 7
- Say whaaat! Former Bigg Boss contestant Sofia Hayat is now 'Mother Sofia' – Pics inside