Pak determined to eliminate extremist groups: US
Pittsburgh: The Obama Administration has said Pakistan is determined to eliminate extremist groups from within its territories, even as New Delhi remains concerned
about lopsided approach of Islamabad in taking action against those responsible for terrorist attacks in India.
"I will say that the Government of Pakistan has expressed its determination to eliminate dangerous elements and extremist groups within its borders," the State Department
spokesman, Ian Kelly, told reporters yesterday at his daily press briefing.
"We applaud this determination that they`ve expressed to deal with these militants who threaten not only our security, as we`ve seen in terrorist incidents and plots in the past,
but also threaten the Pakistani democracy," he said.
Reiterating that the US will work together with Pakistan to defeat extremism, Kelly said: "We`ve offered them some very concrete assistance, and we look forward to continuing that assistance."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what