Pak dismisses US media report about major`s arrest
Islamabad: Pakistani military on Wednesday
dismissed as "totally baseless" a US media report which
claimed that an army major was among five arrested informants
who provided information to the CIA ahead of last month`s
American raid that killed al-Qaeda chief Osama bin Laden.
In a brief statement, a spokesman for the Inter-Services
Public Relations "strongly refuted" the news report, saying
"there is no army officer detained and the story is false and
The New York Times had quoted American officials as
saying that the ISI had arrested five Pakistani informants who
fed information to the CIA in the months leading up to the
raid that killed bin Laden in Abbottabad.
The report said the detained CIA informants included a
Pakistan army major who "copied the license plates of cars
visiting bin Laden`s compound in Abbottabad."
The daily contended that the development was the latest
evidence of the fractured relationship between the US and
The fate of the arrested informants is "unclear" and
CIA Director Leon Panetta raised the issue when he travelled
to Islamabad last week to meet the Pakistani military and
intelligence leadership, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested