Pak documentary to show country`s real picture
Islamabad: A new documentary on Pakistan
that attempts to break the "oft-negative depictions" of the
"most dangerous country in the world" is set to be premiered
in Karachi on July 31.
The documentary -- `Made in Pakistan` -- re-examines the
country through the eyes of four young, middle-class
Pakistanis during the emergency imposed by former President
Pervez Musharraf in 2007.
The film by Nasir Khan follows the lives of Waleed
Khalid, a lawyer, Rabia Aamir, a journalist and working
mother, Mohsin Waraich, an aspiring politician, and Tara
Mehmood, an event and public relations manager.
It will also be the first Pakistani documentary ever to
get a theatrical release.
"Whenever I saw any coverage of Pakistan on foreign news
channels, it felt like an extremely myopic and stereotypical
representation of our people," Khan said.
"The Pakistan they repeatedly covered was only showing a
part of the story. Pakistan and Pakistanis were often labeled
as dangerous pariahs who should be secluded from the world
stage as we know it," Khan told Chup, an e-zine.
"As Pakistani filmmakers, we felt that their conclusions
were amateur and racist. We felt we could easily negate them
even if we showed a glimpse of Pakistan through the eyes of
Pakistanis. Thus began the journey for making `Made in
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- RBSE 12th Science & Commerce Board Result 2015 declared
- West Bengal Board Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 announced
- RBSE rajresults.nic.in & rajeduboard.nic.in 12th Results 2015: BSER Ajmer Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII Senior Secondary Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared shortly
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh