Pak embassy in Greece blamed for mass deportation
Islamabad: The Pakistan Interior Ministry has blamed its embassy in Greece for the mass deportation of Pakistanis from that country, and has expressed dissatisfaction over the latter`s performance.
According to the Daily Times, the Interior Ministry expressed severe reservations to the Foreign Office (FO) over the embassy`s performance, saying it had failed to take steps for stopping the continued deportation of Pakistanis from Greece.
The ministry asked the Foreign Office to issue a warning to the embassy so that it could help stop the deportation of Pakistanis in large numbers from that country, documents said.
However, the Embassy of Pakistan in Greece termed the Interior Ministry`s reservations as baseless.
It said that the fragile economic conditions in Greece led to the mass deportation of Pakistanis from Greece. The embassy further said that citizens of other countries were also being deported due to poor economic conditions there.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj