Pak embassy in Greece blamed for mass deportation
Islamabad: The Pakistan Interior Ministry has blamed its embassy in Greece for the mass deportation of Pakistanis from that country, and has expressed dissatisfaction over the latter`s performance.
According to the Daily Times, the Interior Ministry expressed severe reservations to the Foreign Office (FO) over the embassy`s performance, saying it had failed to take steps for stopping the continued deportation of Pakistanis from Greece.
The ministry asked the Foreign Office to issue a warning to the embassy so that it could help stop the deportation of Pakistanis in large numbers from that country, documents said.
However, the Embassy of Pakistan in Greece termed the Interior Ministry`s reservations as baseless.
It said that the fragile economic conditions in Greece led to the mass deportation of Pakistanis from Greece. The embassy further said that citizens of other countries were also being deported due to poor economic conditions there.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal