Pak envoy to US attends Diwali party hosted by Rao
Washington: Pakistan`s Ambassador to the US
Husain Haqqani attended a Diwali reception hosted by his
Indian counterpart Nirupama Rao at her residence here,
reflecting the improved ties between the neighbouring nations.
Haqqani spent nearly two hours at Rao`s residence here
yesterday, interacting with other invited guests, including
eminent Indian-Americans and officials of the Obama
BJP leader Shatrughan Sinha, who is in town after
attending the United Nations General Assembly session in New
York, also dropped in at the Diwali reception.
Rao, celebrating her first Diwali as Indian Ambassador
here, had invited all the envoys from the region and almost
all of them, including those from Nepal and Sri Lanka,
attended the reception.
In fact, Haqqani was earlier scheduled to go to Dallas and
postponed his trip to attend his first Diwali reception at the
residence of the Indian Ambassador after he received the
invitation from Rao.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev