Pak envoy to US attends Diwali party hosted by Rao
Washington: Pakistan`s Ambassador to the US
Husain Haqqani attended a Diwali reception hosted by his
Indian counterpart Nirupama Rao at her residence here,
reflecting the improved ties between the neighbouring nations.
Haqqani spent nearly two hours at Rao`s residence here
yesterday, interacting with other invited guests, including
eminent Indian-Americans and officials of the Obama
BJP leader Shatrughan Sinha, who is in town after
attending the United Nations General Assembly session in New
York, also dropped in at the Diwali reception.
Rao, celebrating her first Diwali as Indian Ambassador
here, had invited all the envoys from the region and almost
all of them, including those from Nepal and Sri Lanka,
attended the reception.
In fact, Haqqani was earlier scheduled to go to Dallas and
postponed his trip to attend his first Diwali reception at the
residence of the Indian Ambassador after he received the
invitation from Rao.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?