Pak envoy to US attends Diwali party hosted by Rao
Washington: Pakistan`s Ambassador to the US
Husain Haqqani attended a Diwali reception hosted by his
Indian counterpart Nirupama Rao at her residence here,
reflecting the improved ties between the neighbouring nations.
Haqqani spent nearly two hours at Rao`s residence here
yesterday, interacting with other invited guests, including
eminent Indian-Americans and officials of the Obama
BJP leader Shatrughan Sinha, who is in town after
attending the United Nations General Assembly session in New
York, also dropped in at the Diwali reception.
Rao, celebrating her first Diwali as Indian Ambassador
here, had invited all the envoys from the region and almost
all of them, including those from Nepal and Sri Lanka,
attended the reception.
In fact, Haqqani was earlier scheduled to go to Dallas and
postponed his trip to attend his first Diwali reception at the
residence of the Indian Ambassador after he received the
invitation from Rao.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Importance of viewers' comments and remarks on reported news
- DNA: Has PM Modi's mention of Balochistan during I-Day speech unsettled China?
- DNA: Why commuting by bus in India is an unpleasant experience
- DNA: Elderly couple forced to live separately after 62 years; images go viral
- DNA: Unhappy with stint in Rio, Kim Jong-un announces penalty for North Korean olympians
- Horribly Sad! Single lightning strike kills 323 reindeers in Norway
- Retiring Tillakaratne Dilshan speaks on lack of support from teammates during his captaincy stint
- MS Dhoni backs Virat Kohli-led team India to claim No. 1 spot in Tests by the end of home season
- I want to play a warrior: Tabu
- Weeds, less water could spell death for Chandigarh's Sukhna Lake