Pak envoy to US attends Diwali party hosted by Rao
Washington: Pakistan`s Ambassador to the US
Husain Haqqani attended a Diwali reception hosted by his
Indian counterpart Nirupama Rao at her residence here,
reflecting the improved ties between the neighbouring nations.
Haqqani spent nearly two hours at Rao`s residence here
yesterday, interacting with other invited guests, including
eminent Indian-Americans and officials of the Obama
BJP leader Shatrughan Sinha, who is in town after
attending the United Nations General Assembly session in New
York, also dropped in at the Diwali reception.
Rao, celebrating her first Diwali as Indian Ambassador
here, had invited all the envoys from the region and almost
all of them, including those from Nepal and Sri Lanka,
attended the reception.
In fact, Haqqani was earlier scheduled to go to Dallas and
postponed his trip to attend his first Diwali reception at the
residence of the Indian Ambassador after he received the
invitation from Rao.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Narendra Modi's silence on Dalit assault devaluation of PM's post: Congress
- Financial weakness hindering domestic airlines' international expansion
- Dr Reddy's net plunges 76 per cent in Q1
- Roger Federer to miss Rio games
- French President Francois Hollande rejects opposition calls to harden terror laws