Pak envoy to US attends Diwali party hosted by Rao
Washington: Pakistan`s Ambassador to the US
Husain Haqqani attended a Diwali reception hosted by his
Indian counterpart Nirupama Rao at her residence here,
reflecting the improved ties between the neighbouring nations.
Haqqani spent nearly two hours at Rao`s residence here
yesterday, interacting with other invited guests, including
eminent Indian-Americans and officials of the Obama
BJP leader Shatrughan Sinha, who is in town after
attending the United Nations General Assembly session in New
York, also dropped in at the Diwali reception.
Rao, celebrating her first Diwali as Indian Ambassador
here, had invited all the envoys from the region and almost
all of them, including those from Nepal and Sri Lanka,
attended the reception.
In fact, Haqqani was earlier scheduled to go to Dallas and
postponed his trip to attend his first Diwali reception at the
residence of the Indian Ambassador after he received the
invitation from Rao.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok