Islamabad: Pakistani authorities are
examining the latest dossier provided by India on the Mumbai
terror attacks and the government is not in a position to make
a "substantive comment" on the issue, Foreign Office spokesman
Abdul Basit said on Friday.
In a statement issued in response to a question on
specific details contained in the Indian dossier handed over
to Pakistan on August 1, Basit said the document had been
forwarded to relevant authorities.
"The dossier is being examined by them. The Foreign
Office is, therefore, not in a position to give any
substantive comment on it," he said.
India provided the dossier in response to Pakistan`s
request on July 11 for additional information on the Mumbai
Basit also responded to media reports on whether there
was any change in Pakistan`s position on the Kashmir dispute
by saying that "there is no ambiguity and no change in
Pakistan`s principled position on Jammu and Kashmir".
"Pakistan seeks a just settlement of the Jammu and
Kashmir dispute in accordance with relevant United Nation
resolutions. The essence of our position is that a durable
settlement of the Jammu and Kashmir dispute must conform to
the legitimate rights and aspirations of the people of Jammu
and Kashmir," he said in a separate statement.