Pak extends Taliban leader Sufi Mohammed`s detention
Peshawar: The Pakistani government has extended the detention of Taliban leader Sufi Mohammed by 30 days, the Online news agency reported.
The decision against the chief of the banned Tehrik-e-Nafaz-e-Shariat-e-Mohammedi, was taken on Saturday by the North West Frontier Province (NWFP) government.
Sufi Mohammed, who is currently lodged in the Peshawar Central Jail, was arrested along with his three sons by the security forces in Peshawar.
Sahibzada Mohammed Anis, district coordination officer of Peshawar said his detention was extended till October 20, the Online reported citing a private TV channel.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory