Pak fighter jets pound FATA, 13 militants killed
Peshawar: At least more 13 militants were killed and over 20 injured in the latest air strikes as Pakistani security forces continued their offensive in the Federally Administered Tribal Areas’ (FATA) Orakzai Agency.
According to reports, over 215 extremists have been killed in the last two weeks since the anti-terror operation was initiated in the region.
In the latest attack, fighter jets destroyed seven suspected terror hideouts and two houses belonging to pro-Taliban leaders besides killing over a dozen militants.
A huge cache of latest arms and ammunitions, bunkers, and dozens of vehicles have also been seized during the on going operation, The Dawn reports.
Security forces have claimed gaining control over several areas in Lower Orakzai such as Bagram, Sheraz Garhi, Anari Kalay, officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown