Pak fighter jets pound FATA, 13 militants killed
Peshawar: At least more 13 militants were killed and over 20 injured in the latest air strikes as Pakistani security forces continued their offensive in the Federally Administered Tribal Areas’ (FATA) Orakzai Agency.
According to reports, over 215 extremists have been killed in the last two weeks since the anti-terror operation was initiated in the region.
In the latest attack, fighter jets destroyed seven suspected terror hideouts and two houses belonging to pro-Taliban leaders besides killing over a dozen militants.
A huge cache of latest arms and ammunitions, bunkers, and dozens of vehicles have also been seized during the on going operation, The Dawn reports.
Security forces have claimed gaining control over several areas in Lower Orakzai such as Bagram, Sheraz Garhi, Anari Kalay, officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’