Pak fighter jets pound FATA, 13 militants killed
Peshawar: At least more 13 militants were killed and over 20 injured in the latest air strikes as Pakistani security forces continued their offensive in the Federally Administered Tribal Areas’ (FATA) Orakzai Agency.
According to reports, over 215 extremists have been killed in the last two weeks since the anti-terror operation was initiated in the region.
In the latest attack, fighter jets destroyed seven suspected terror hideouts and two houses belonging to pro-Taliban leaders besides killing over a dozen militants.
A huge cache of latest arms and ammunitions, bunkers, and dozens of vehicles have also been seized during the on going operation, The Dawn reports.
Security forces have claimed gaining control over several areas in Lower Orakzai such as Bagram, Sheraz Garhi, Anari Kalay, officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH