Pak fighter jets pound FATA, 13 militants killed
Peshawar: At least more 13 militants were killed and over 20 injured in the latest air strikes as Pakistani security forces continued their offensive in the Federally Administered Tribal Areas’ (FATA) Orakzai Agency.
According to reports, over 215 extremists have been killed in the last two weeks since the anti-terror operation was initiated in the region.
In the latest attack, fighter jets destroyed seven suspected terror hideouts and two houses belonging to pro-Taliban leaders besides killing over a dozen militants.
A huge cache of latest arms and ammunitions, bunkers, and dozens of vehicles have also been seized during the on going operation, The Dawn reports.
Security forces have claimed gaining control over several areas in Lower Orakzai such as Bagram, Sheraz Garhi, Anari Kalay, officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes