Pak FO blocks shifting of US consulate in Lahore
Lahore: Pakistan’s Foreign Office is yet to give permission to the US Consulate in Lahore to shift its offices to Jauhar Town.
Security agencies have also expressed some reservations about the move, The Nation reports.
It is said that those working in the consulate feel that their present offices are located at a congested place and are also vulnerable to terrorist activities, and therefore, want to shift to a place near the Shaukat Khanum Cancer Hospital.
Another plot, owned by a prominent banker, that is under consideration for the purpose, is near PCSIR Housing Society.
According to informed sources, the US Consulate officials started holding consultations about their new building with NESPAK Limited, without seeking permission from the Foreign Office.
It is said that even the Punjab Government has not been informed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed