Pak FO blocks shifting of US consulate in Lahore
Lahore: Pakistan’s Foreign Office is yet to give permission to the US Consulate in Lahore to shift its offices to Jauhar Town.
Security agencies have also expressed some reservations about the move, The Nation reports.
It is said that those working in the consulate feel that their present offices are located at a congested place and are also vulnerable to terrorist activities, and therefore, want to shift to a place near the Shaukat Khanum Cancer Hospital.
Another plot, owned by a prominent banker, that is under consideration for the purpose, is near PCSIR Housing Society.
According to informed sources, the US Consulate officials started holding consultations about their new building with NESPAK Limited, without seeking permission from the Foreign Office.
It is said that even the Punjab Government has not been informed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'