Pak FO blocks shifting of US consulate in Lahore
Lahore: Pakistan’s Foreign Office is yet to give permission to the US Consulate in Lahore to shift its offices to Jauhar Town.
Security agencies have also expressed some reservations about the move, The Nation reports.
It is said that those working in the consulate feel that their present offices are located at a congested place and are also vulnerable to terrorist activities, and therefore, want to shift to a place near the Shaukat Khanum Cancer Hospital.
Another plot, owned by a prominent banker, that is under consideration for the purpose, is near PCSIR Housing Society.
According to informed sources, the US Consulate officials started holding consultations about their new building with NESPAK Limited, without seeking permission from the Foreign Office.
It is said that even the Punjab Government has not been informed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH