Pak FO blocks shifting of US consulate in Lahore
Lahore: Pakistan’s Foreign Office is yet to give permission to the US Consulate in Lahore to shift its offices to Jauhar Town.
Security agencies have also expressed some reservations about the move, The Nation reports.
It is said that those working in the consulate feel that their present offices are located at a congested place and are also vulnerable to terrorist activities, and therefore, want to shift to a place near the Shaukat Khanum Cancer Hospital.
Another plot, owned by a prominent banker, that is under consideration for the purpose, is near PCSIR Housing Society.
According to informed sources, the US Consulate officials started holding consultations about their new building with NESPAK Limited, without seeking permission from the Foreign Office.
It is said that even the Punjab Government has not been informed.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference