Pak FO blocks shifting of US consulate in Lahore
Lahore: Pakistan’s Foreign Office is yet to give permission to the US Consulate in Lahore to shift its offices to Jauhar Town.
Security agencies have also expressed some reservations about the move, The Nation reports.
It is said that those working in the consulate feel that their present offices are located at a congested place and are also vulnerable to terrorist activities, and therefore, want to shift to a place near the Shaukat Khanum Cancer Hospital.
Another plot, owned by a prominent banker, that is under consideration for the purpose, is near PCSIR Housing Society.
According to informed sources, the US Consulate officials started holding consultations about their new building with NESPAK Limited, without seeking permission from the Foreign Office.
It is said that even the Punjab Government has not been informed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Akshay Kumar’s avatar in John Abraham, Varun Dhawan starrer ‘Dishoom’ will surprise you– See pic
- Bangladesh police storm militant hideout, kill 9 Islamist extremists in Dhaka
- Anita Hassanandani, Rohit Reddy’s Maldives trip will give you vacation goals- See Pics
- India will never forget sacrifices of soldiers: PM Narendra Modi on Kargil Vijay Diwas
- Flirt with the waves a la Lisa Haydon – Watch video