Pak forces detains an alleged Indian in Baloch
Islamabad: Pakistani security forces have
arrested a person they claimed was an Indian national in an
area in Balochistan province near the border with Afghanistan,
The Frontier Constabulary detained the man near the
Chaman land border crossing yesterday.
The man had allegedly entered Pakistan from Afghanistan
illegally, officials told the media.
The man did not have valid travel documents and was taken
into custody for interrogation, the officials said. They
claimed it had been confirmed that the man belonged to India.
An official of the Indian High Commission in Islamabad,
who did not wish to be named, said that the mission had no
information about the detention of any Indian national.
According to a media report, Federal Investigation Agency
officials said that 8,000 to 10,000 people cross the
Pakistan-Afghanistan border at Chaman every day without proper
documents and this makes it difficult to track their movement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore