Pak forces detains an alleged Indian in Baloch
Islamabad: Pakistani security forces have
arrested a person they claimed was an Indian national in an
area in Balochistan province near the border with Afghanistan,
The Frontier Constabulary detained the man near the
Chaman land border crossing yesterday.
The man had allegedly entered Pakistan from Afghanistan
illegally, officials told the media.
The man did not have valid travel documents and was taken
into custody for interrogation, the officials said. They
claimed it had been confirmed that the man belonged to India.
An official of the Indian High Commission in Islamabad,
who did not wish to be named, said that the mission had no
information about the detention of any Indian national.
According to a media report, Federal Investigation Agency
officials said that 8,000 to 10,000 people cross the
Pakistan-Afghanistan border at Chaman every day without proper
documents and this makes it difficult to track their movement.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India