Pak forces detains an alleged Indian in Baloch
Islamabad: Pakistani security forces have
arrested a person they claimed was an Indian national in an
area in Balochistan province near the border with Afghanistan,
The Frontier Constabulary detained the man near the
Chaman land border crossing yesterday.
The man had allegedly entered Pakistan from Afghanistan
illegally, officials told the media.
The man did not have valid travel documents and was taken
into custody for interrogation, the officials said. They
claimed it had been confirmed that the man belonged to India.
An official of the Indian High Commission in Islamabad,
who did not wish to be named, said that the mission had no
information about the detention of any Indian national.
According to a media report, Federal Investigation Agency
officials said that 8,000 to 10,000 people cross the
Pakistan-Afghanistan border at Chaman every day without proper
documents and this makes it difficult to track their movement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?