Pak forces detains an alleged Indian in Baloch
Islamabad: Pakistani security forces have
arrested a person they claimed was an Indian national in an
area in Balochistan province near the border with Afghanistan,
The Frontier Constabulary detained the man near the
Chaman land border crossing yesterday.
The man had allegedly entered Pakistan from Afghanistan
illegally, officials told the media.
The man did not have valid travel documents and was taken
into custody for interrogation, the officials said. They
claimed it had been confirmed that the man belonged to India.
An official of the Indian High Commission in Islamabad,
who did not wish to be named, said that the mission had no
information about the detention of any Indian national.
According to a media report, Federal Investigation Agency
officials said that 8,000 to 10,000 people cross the
Pakistan-Afghanistan border at Chaman every day without proper
documents and this makes it difficult to track their movement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games Part-II
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children Part II
- Pakistan's attrocities on Gilgit-Baltistan to Mehbooba's hard hitting attitude on Kashmir violence
- Belgian Grand Prix: Nico Rosberg beats Max Verstappen to grab pole position
- EPL 2016-17, Gameweek 3: Saturday football — Chelsea take pole, Arsenal end winless run
- UPSC issues e-admit cards for NDA, NA exams 2016
- West Indies vs India, 1st T20I: MS Dhoni admits execution of his last ball dismissal wrong
- Belgian Grand Prix: Lewis Hamilton ready for slog from back of the field