Pak forces kill 17 militants in tribal region
Islamabad: Pakistani forces have killed at
least 17 suspected Taliban militants in Upper Orakzai tribal
region in the northwest of the country, officials said on Tuesday.
A security official said that 12 other militants were
wounded in clashes with security forces.
According to security officials, militants ambushed a
security forces post.
The forces returned fire and killed 17 militants.
Six foreigners were also among those killed in skirmish
occurred late Tuesday in a remote area of the tribal agency,
the official added.
The official didn`t provide any further information on
causalities from the military side.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened