Pak forces kill 17 militants in tribal region
Islamabad: Pakistani forces have killed at
least 17 suspected Taliban militants in Upper Orakzai tribal
region in the northwest of the country, officials said on Tuesday.
A security official said that 12 other militants were
wounded in clashes with security forces.
According to security officials, militants ambushed a
security forces post.
The forces returned fire and killed 17 militants.
Six foreigners were also among those killed in skirmish
occurred late Tuesday in a remote area of the tribal agency,
the official added.
The official didn`t provide any further information on
causalities from the military side.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- Oil falls amid supply glut, lower prospects of output freeze
- UN verified Dawood's Pak addresses, wife, father's name, aliases; high time it extradites him: MEA
- Injured Cristiano Ronaldo absent from Portugal squad for World Cup 2018 qualifying round
- Rio Olympics 2016: Five Indian athletes who redefined 'woman power'
- Govt wants unions to reconsider their strike plan