Pak forces kill 17 militants in tribal region
Islamabad: Pakistani forces have killed at
least 17 suspected Taliban militants in Upper Orakzai tribal
region in the northwest of the country, officials said on Tuesday.
A security official said that 12 other militants were
wounded in clashes with security forces.
According to security officials, militants ambushed a
security forces post.
The forces returned fire and killed 17 militants.
Six foreigners were also among those killed in skirmish
occurred late Tuesday in a remote area of the tribal agency,
the official added.
The official didn`t provide any further information on
causalities from the military side.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- French church attackers pledged allegiance to ISIS in video
- Stick to my statement that Salman Khan killed Chinkara, says 'missing' driver
- Eye on China? India to buy four P-8I aircraft from US for maritime surveillance over Indian Ocean Region
- Terrorist captured in J&K's Kupwara district is Pakistani national from Lahore: Report
- No question of tampering with samples of shot putter Inderjeet Singh: NADA boss