Pak forces kill 33 militants, capture 11
Islamabad: Pakistani security forces killed
33 militants and captured 11 more during operations in the
restive Swat valley and the tribal areas bordering
Afghanistan, authorities said on Friday.
Twenty-seven militants, including two commanders, were
killed during an operation by security forces in the troubled
Tirah valley of Khyber tribal region, the Frontier Corps said
in a statement.
Troops also destroyed two militant hideouts and 19
vehicles, including an explosives-laden car, in Tirah.
Three militants were killed and two others arrested by
security forces during a search operation at Nawagai in Bajaur
tribal agency, officials said. Another militant was arrested
in Charmang while two others were injured in a skirmish, they
Troops apprehended a would-be suicide attacker in Khar
sub-division while a foreign militant was arrested in Totakal
in Bajaur Agency.
Security forces blew up the home of a prominent militant
commander. Officials said over 60 suspects have been arrested
during recent operations across Bajaur Agency.
As troops continued search and clearance operations in
Swat valley and other parts of the Malakand dvision, three
militants were killed at Zulamkot-Serai, the military said in
A Taliban commander named Rehmat was captured during a
search operation at Shah Dheri in Swat while five militants
were apprehended near Piochar and Sarsanai.
Seven suspected militants also surrendered at Barshaur
while security forces defused six IEDs during a search
operation near Kanju, a former Taliban stronghold in Swat.
Pakistan Army claims it has killed nearly 2,000 militants
since an offensive was launched against the Taliban in Swat
and other parts of Malakand division in May. While, over 300
security personnel have died in the fighting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video