Pak FS Bashir hands over fresh Mumbai dossier to Malik
Islamabad: A fresh dossier on the Mumbai attacks provided by India was on Friday handed over to Interior Minister Rehman Malik by Foreign Secretary Salman Bashir.
The dossier, one of three given to Bashir during the Foreign Secretary-level talks in New Delhi on February 25, was provided to Malik for examination by the Interior Ministry, an official statement said.
Pakistan`s High Commissioner to India Shahid Malik accompanied the Foreign Secretary for the meeting with the Interior Minister.
The statement did not give details about the contents of the dossier but media reports said it contained additional information about the Mumbai attacks uncovered by Indian investigators.
India has reportedly sought details of Internet communication between the attackers and their handlers and the questioning of some Pakistan-based suspects.
Interior Minister Malik was quoted by news channels as saying that Pakistani authorities had arrested seven persons for facilitating the Mumbai attacks and they were currently being tried in court.
The government could not interfere in the legal process and India should await the verdict of the court, Malik reportedly said.
Bashir also briefed Malik on his talks with his Indian counterpart Nirupama Rao last month.
In a separate development, the Foreign Secretary also briefed a group of foreign envoys at the Foreign Office on the recent India-Pakistan talks.
There was no official word on the briefing though sources said Bashir told the envoys that Pakistan wanted a meaningful dialogue with India to resolve all outstanding issues.
Bashir said the ball was now in India`s court to revive the stalled composite dialogue process as Pakistan is not interested in holding talks for the sake of talks, the sources said.
Terrorism is a big challenge for Pakistan too and India should not hold the peace process hostage to this single issue, Bashir reportedly said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP