Pak FS Bashir hands over fresh Mumbai dossier to Malik
Islamabad: A fresh dossier on the Mumbai attacks provided by India was on Friday handed over to Interior Minister Rehman Malik by Foreign Secretary Salman Bashir.
The dossier, one of three given to Bashir during the Foreign Secretary-level talks in New Delhi on February 25, was provided to Malik for examination by the Interior Ministry, an official statement said.
Pakistan`s High Commissioner to India Shahid Malik accompanied the Foreign Secretary for the meeting with the Interior Minister.
The statement did not give details about the contents of the dossier but media reports said it contained additional information about the Mumbai attacks uncovered by Indian investigators.
India has reportedly sought details of Internet communication between the attackers and their handlers and the questioning of some Pakistan-based suspects.
Interior Minister Malik was quoted by news channels as saying that Pakistani authorities had arrested seven persons for facilitating the Mumbai attacks and they were currently being tried in court.
The government could not interfere in the legal process and India should await the verdict of the court, Malik reportedly said.
Bashir also briefed Malik on his talks with his Indian counterpart Nirupama Rao last month.
In a separate development, the Foreign Secretary also briefed a group of foreign envoys at the Foreign Office on the recent India-Pakistan talks.
There was no official word on the briefing though sources said Bashir told the envoys that Pakistan wanted a meaningful dialogue with India to resolve all outstanding issues.
Bashir said the ball was now in India`s court to revive the stalled composite dialogue process as Pakistan is not interested in holding talks for the sake of talks, the sources said.
Terrorism is a big challenge for Pakistan too and India should not hold the peace process hostage to this single issue, Bashir reportedly said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!