Pak gets info on Afghan Taliban-US talks in Qatar
Islamabad: The Afghan Taliban have provided
Pakistan the "functional blueprint" of their formal talks with US officials in Qatar, probably the first time that the militants have shared details of their parleys with American
The Afghan Taliban shared details of what they will be
discussing with the US but did not divulge what had been
previously discussed, said an Afghan leader privy to the
He claimed that a senior Qatari official was playing an
important role in the talks.
"The Taliban have asked Pakistan to point out if it has
any objection to the issues they have prioritised for talks
with the US," the Afghan leader said.
The Afghan Taliban also informed the Haqqani network on
the dialogue with the US and futures plan, he said.
Nasiruddin Haqqani, the elder brother of warlord
Sirajuddin Haqqani, recently travelled to the United Arab
Emirates and met the top Taliban negotiator, Tayyeb Agha, to
discuss the Taliban-US interaction.
"Nasiruddin could not travel to Qatar for some reason and
went to Dubai to meet with Agha," the Afghan leader said.
Agha flew to Dubai to meet the Haqqani network leader.
The Afghan leader, who requested not to be identified,
met Nasiruddin on his return from Dubai.
The Afghan leader did not confirm media reports about the
release and subsequent repatriation of some Taliban prisoners
from the US prison at Guantanamo Bay in Cuba.
However, he said Taliban negotiators had asked for the
release of several key prisoners from Guantanamo, Bagram,
Pul-e-Charkhi and other prisons as they would be part of the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read