Pak govt bars US citizens from landing anywhere else but Islamabad
Islamabad: The Pakistan Government has barred US citizens from landing in any city other than Islamabad.
According to sources, Americans would now be able to land only at the Benazir Bhutto International Airport in Islamabad.
The decision has been taken following a steep rise in the suspicious activities of the Americans in Pakistan, The Nation reports.
The arrest of the five US origin suspected militants from Sargodha, Punjab, is also believed to be one the major reason behind the latest step.
Pakistani intelligence agencies have warned that public anger against the US citizens is increasing in the country, and the arrest of the ‘jihad seekers’ who were purportedly planning to attack important locations has heightened the tension.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Iranian Navy in `unsafe` intercept of US destroyer: Defense official
- PM Narendra Modi condemns attack on Kabul`s American University
- Italy earthquake kills 159 as rescuers race to find survivors
- Awwdorable: Vivek Dahiya singing 'Lag Ja Gale' to Divyanka Tripathi will melt your heart – Watch
- Here's PV Sindhu's REPLY to Telangana deputy CM who offered her a 'better coach' than Pullela Gopichand