Pak govt bars US citizens from landing anywhere else but Islamabad
Islamabad: The Pakistan Government has barred US citizens from landing in any city other than Islamabad.
According to sources, Americans would now be able to land only at the Benazir Bhutto International Airport in Islamabad.
The decision has been taken following a steep rise in the suspicious activities of the Americans in Pakistan, The Nation reports.
The arrest of the five US origin suspected militants from Sargodha, Punjab, is also believed to be one the major reason behind the latest step.
Pakistani intelligence agencies have warned that public anger against the US citizens is increasing in the country, and the arrest of the ‘jihad seekers’ who were purportedly planning to attack important locations has heightened the tension.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre