Pak govt carries out revamp of powerful ISI
Islamabad: Pakistan`s powerful spy agency ISI has been restructured by the government by weeding out 32 senior officers of the rank of Brigadiers and Colonels in a move to make it trim, a media report said on Wednesday.
The retrenchment exercise in the agency has been
carried out to make it "more efficient and vibrant", The News
daily claimed, saying that the process will continue for two
Thirty-two officers of the rank of Brigadier and
Colonel have been retired from the agency and "other officers
who have not proved their utility" will be shown the door in
months to come, the report said.
The report said the revamp had been undertaken as the
spy agency had expanded out of proportion in the recent years
and that many of the top level officers were continuing to
serve in the organisation despite attaining superannuation.
The report made it clear there was no pressure for
effecting the revamp and the agency would continue to be under
the command of the Army.
The report said the restructuring was an effort to
bring into the ISI "energetic and more dedicated personnel"
who can "live up to the challenges of the modern age".
The powerful spy agency had recently faced flak from
the American lawmakers who alleged that ISI was still
maintaining contacts with Taliban and other militant
organisations, a charge sought to be strongly refuted by the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof