Pak govt official shot dead
Islamabad: A government official was shot dead by armed men in the restive Balochistan province of southwest Pakistan on Monday, security officials said.
Abdul Qadeer, an engineer of the Building and Roads Department, was killed in Panjgur district by gunmen riding a motorbike.
He was on his way home from work when he was attacked, officials of the Levies militia said.
Qadeer was hit by several bullets and died instantly.
His body was handed over to his family after an autopsy. The reason for the killing could not immediately be ascertained.
No group claimed responsibility for the incident. Several militant groups, including the Taliban, are active in Balochistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof