Pak govt official shot dead
Islamabad: A government official was shot dead by armed men in the restive Balochistan province of southwest Pakistan on Monday, security officials said.
Abdul Qadeer, an engineer of the Building and Roads Department, was killed in Panjgur district by gunmen riding a motorbike.
He was on his way home from work when he was attacked, officials of the Levies militia said.
Qadeer was hit by several bullets and died instantly.
His body was handed over to his family after an autopsy. The reason for the killing could not immediately be ascertained.
No group claimed responsibility for the incident. Several militant groups, including the Taliban, are active in Balochistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video