Pak govt official shot dead
Islamabad: A government official was shot dead by armed men in the restive Balochistan province of southwest Pakistan on Monday, security officials said.
Abdul Qadeer, an engineer of the Building and Roads Department, was killed in Panjgur district by gunmen riding a motorbike.
He was on his way home from work when he was attacked, officials of the Levies militia said.
Qadeer was hit by several bullets and died instantly.
His body was handed over to his family after an autopsy. The reason for the killing could not immediately be ascertained.
No group claimed responsibility for the incident. Several militant groups, including the Taliban, are active in Balochistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand