Pak govt re-imposes security restrictions on AQ Khan
Islamabad: The Pakistan government has re-imposed security restrictions on Dr Abdul Qadeer Khan, father of the country’s nuclear programme, saying his life is under risk.
“His life is under threat and we cannot take risks. Therefore, his movements… are being restricted,” Interior Minister Rehman Malik told reporters after a high level meeting here.
Malik said the government has directed the concerned agencies to step up the security of Khan and other leading nuclear scientists of the country in the wake of the recent attacks and killings of scientists in other countries.
“Dr AQ Khan is a former custodian of sensitive information. The security of our nuclear assets and personnel is very important. Therefore, various measures were discussed to ensure foolproof security of Dr Khan and other scientists,” The Dawn quoted a statement released by the Interior Ministry, as saying.
Meanwhile, Khan has objected to the restrictions, saying the move is a clear violation of court’s verdict, as the Lahore High Court had asked the government not to stop him from moving outside his house.
“The government is committing contempt of court by doing this,” Khan said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings