Pak Govt ready to execute any court warrant against Musharraf
Islamabad: The Pakistan Government would execute any court warrant against former President General Pervez Musharraf, Parliamentary Affairs Minister Babar Awan has said.
“If a Pakistani court issues any proclamation, warrant or red warrant (against Musharraf) we will not become an obstruction in its way. Rather we will execute it. This is my commitment to the house,” The Dawn quoted Awan, as saying.
Speaking in the National Assembly, Awan condemned Musharraf for his remarks against President Asif Ali Zardari, and said that such statements were ‘unworthy of a reply’.
Suggesting that the noose around Musharraf is tightening, Awan said: “That is about to come.”
In an interview with US journalist Seymour Hersh, Musharraf had said that Zardari would go to any extent to save himself.
Hersh, in a detailed report on Pakistan in The New Yorker, wrote: “Musharraf did not spare his successor. “Asif Zardari is a criminal and a fraud. He’ll do anything to save himself. He’s not a patriot and he’s got no love for Pakistan. He’s a third-rater’.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state