Pak govt seeks court ban on A Q Khan`s free movement
Lahore: The Pakistan government today asked
a court to bar disgraced nuclear scientist A Q Khan from
moving around freely, meeting people and giving interviews to
the media in the interest of national security.
Senior lawyer Ahmer Bilal Soofi filed a petition in this
regard on behalf of the government in the Lahore High Court.
Justice Ijaz Ahmed Chaudhry issued a notice seeking
Khan`s response to the petition at the next hearing scheduled
for January 25.
"Mr Khan should be prevented from giving interviews,
meeting people and moving around without security clearance,"
the petition said.
It sought an immediate ban on Khan`s interaction with the
Khan was placed under house arrest in early 2004 after he
confessed to running a nuclear proliferation network on
Following a secret understanding between Khan and the
government last year, a court eased some of the restrictions
imposed on him.
However, Khan has filed several petitions seeking further
easing of restrictions on his movement.
Recent revelations made by the Western media on the basis
of a letter written by Khan to a journalist have caused
embarrassment to the Pakistan government, which insists that
the scientist`s case is a "closed chapter".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- Quota row: Hardik Patel threatens Gujarat’s govt again
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Shocking revelation! Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was pregnant